Let’s work together to make the web a better place.
Remote WordPress Solutions Engineer
We’re looking for a new team member to help support our growing membership! You’ll be tasked with solving problems and coming up with creative solutions for our members on a daily basis. It’s challenging, fun, and rarely boring.
This is a full-time position with start and end times roughly from 9AM-5PM EST, though that can be adjusted depending on your location. This is a remote position; work from home or wherever you’d like!
You’ll be working directly with members and as part of our team. You should enjoy problem-solving and not give up if Google doesn’t immediately present a quick answer. We’re looking for people who are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing, who can expertly communicate solutions to members.
Most of all, you need to love working on WordPress websites and have a positive, energetic personality. The interactions our members have with our team is a big part of why they stay with us, and you’ll be a key part of that experience!
What you’ll be doing
You’ll handle incoming support requests as they arrive and provide solutions as needed. This usually entails things like debugging plugins or themes, adding new content or functionality, optimizing performance, or simply giving technical support or advice to members.
When not handling support requests you’ll be maintaining member sites, applying updates, and testing to ensure proper functionality. This is a never-ending process but one that is critical for our members and so we take it very seriously.
We’ll also ask you to help with things at Barrel Roll, including adding new functionality and documentation and generally contributing your fantastic ideas. Your input will matter.
The position requires:
- 3 years of experience administrating WordPress on a regular basis.
- Proficient programming capabilities in CSS/HTML/PHP/JS.
- Experience with responsive design.
- Familiar with relational databases, comfortable in PHPMyAdmin, and can understand and execute SQL queries.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- People skills.
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Search Console.
We’d also like someone who:
- Has not only administered WordPress for a period of three years or longer but has provided support for customers during that time as well.
- Is active within the WordPress community, either by providing support at WordPress.org, contributing plugins or themes, or has in some other way engaged. If so, please submit links to your repos or examples of how you’ve been involved.
- An understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Experience in SEO with great results, even better!
- Experience working with Linux/Apache servers.
- WooCommerce experience.
- Familiarity with platforms like Helpscout, Basecamp, Slack, Git, live chat, etc.